|Traditional and Current Venetian Costumes to mix in Ventura|
For a week in February of 2013, Ventura will host a series of events celebrating the historic period of the Italian Renaissance. These were the times of Michelangelo and de Vinci, vibrant city states and families of the infamous Borgia, Medici and Sforza. Through the centuries, pre-Lenten festivals featured revelers dressed in elaborate and elegant costumes replete with exotic masks.
Historical and entertaining activities are scheduled for Friday through Sunday, February 8 to 10, 2013 in downtown beautiful Ventura. Events currently being planned include –
- Traditional 15th Century Renaissance Faire in Mission Park
- Doge’s Masked Ball and entertaining performances
- Period Costume Fashion Shows
- “How to” classes by professional costume and mask designers
- Contests for traditional carnival costumes and masks
- Renaissance Historical Figures® at Museum of Ventura County
- George Stuart performances about the Italian Renaissance
- Renaissance dishes, drink and décor featured at many restaurants
|Exotic costumes from "Venice Carnevale 2010" presentation.|
Carnevale Ventura is a production of the Carnevale Ventura Commission, an activity of the Historical Figures Foundation.